Great piece in ZDNet Asia today on making your start-up stand out. The site asked several venture capitalists to delineate what founders need to do to get their companies funded.
Here are the VCs’ five suggestions:
- Get the right team in place (and be able to sing your team’s praises to investors)
- Make your elevator pitch – your firm’s value proposition – perfect
- Develop a clear and convincing exit strategy (that isn’t an IPO)
- Don’t be too proud to take investors’ advice
- Establish a fair valuation for your business before soliciting outside investment
The full piece is here – check it out, as it’s worth a read.